You’re In The Right Place If
- You love teaching literature, but you don’t feel as confident with your grammar instruction
- You have never found a way to teach grammar that is fun and meaningful for your students
- You are a little shaky on some grammar concepts yourself
- You don’t have the time to put together dozens of great grammar lessons
- You’re not entirely sure of what grammar concepts your high school students truly need to know
Introducing Grammar With Mentor Sentences
A full-year grammar curriculum that is based on the research that students learn grammar best when it is integrated into their reading and writing.
What Is Included In The Curriculum
15 Anchor Lessons
Concepts include parts of speech, phrases, verbals, clauses, sentence types, punctuation, and more.
Use these hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts in the anchor lessons. Students remember more when they get to interact with the mentor sentences in a hands-on way.
2 Interactive Review Games
These are fun and purposeful. A great way to review before a quiz, or simply as extra practice if you choose to not give the quizzes.
Over 40 Quick Write Prompts
These engaging, quick writes give yours students just enough structure to work on crafting their writing with specific grammar concepts.
Optional quizzes allow students to observe more mentor sentences and practice their writing craft.
A video tutorial for you, the teacher, in every lesson!
A Grammar Guide
I'll answer any of your grammar questions, anytime they come up. Plus, each lesson comes with a video tutorial.
Will My Students Like It?
We include lots of ways to keep your students zoned in through the whole lesson:
- Warm-up games that introduce the concept
- Streamlined direct instruction, so students don’t “zone out”
- References to musicians, movies, and pop culture in examples, that are customizable so you can change these to fit your students’ interests
- Hand-selected mentor sentences that showcase the grammar concept
- Interesting and fun photo and video prompts for students to practice their skills
Will The Concepts Stick?
- Research shows that for grammar to stick, we have to teach it in the context of writing, which is what this program does!
- Ultimately, when students use it in their own writing, it will stick!
Don't Take Our Word for it...
"The curriculum is well organized, VERY well explained, and easily adaptable!"
CHELSEA B. - 10TH GRADE ENGLISH TEACHER
"The first time I used this lesson in my classroom, my jaw was practically on the floor with the level of engagement that my classes had in the lesson and the content."
ANTOINETTE V. - 11TH GRADE ENGLISH TEACHER
"My students and I LOVED these resources. The prompts were funny and engaging. These are the kinds of activities that make it easy to "trick" students into learning. I love the idea of model sentences. In order for students to write well, they need to see what strong writing looks like. Thank you!"
COTY P. - 10TH GRADE TEACHER
"I am actually looking forward to teaching grammar now!"
TONYA L. 9TH GRADE ENGLISH TEACHER
"The students were completely engaged."
SUZANNE B. -ENGLISH TEACHER
I want you to have an amazing experience teaching grammar this year.I want this to be a program that lightens your load and allows you to focus your energy on preparing for the parts of your job that you love. If you do not feel satisfied with this purchase, contact me within 60 days of purchase, and I’ll refund your money in full.
Ready to see your students enjoy grammar?
- One full-class lesson (digital & printable)
- Writing prompts and guided notes for students
- 4 anchor lessons (parts of speech bundle)
- Grammar review game + 25 writing prompts + guided note handouts
- 4 Video tutorials for teacher
- 15 anchor lessons (parts of speech bundle, phrases, active/passive voice, clauses, sentence types)
- Interactive activities + 4 optional quizzes + 40 writing prompts + guided note handouts + video tutorials
- Exclusive bonus materials (suggested calendar, extra activities, & more)
- Access to me, your grammar guide